Very occasional thoughts concentrating on the useful.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Podcasts (Updated Dec 3, 2007 and continuously after that.)

I've had my blackberry for a few months now, and it's great. One effect of having it is that I don't even bother to turn on the car radio anymore. I listen to podcasts instead!

Here are some of the better ones. This links probably won't come up unless you have iTunes installed on your computer. (The podcasts are free using iTunes, which you can download for free here.) If the link doesn't work then you can just search for the podcast from within iTunes.


The Commonwealth Club radio program.


Listen to the Lancet. (Yes, it's a medical journal. But often it's interesting stuff.)

Andy Rooney from 60 Minutes.

Science Magazine Podcast.

The Berkeley Groks Science Show. (Goofy hosts, but interesting guests.)

This American Life from NPR.

The international spy museum podcast.

The counter-intelligence center podcast.

WNYC's Leonard Lopate Show.

Stanford on iTunes.

MIT on iTunes, especially The MIT Introduction to Biology course, Fall 2004, with Eric Lander and Robert Weinberg.

I've been keeping a folder on my harddrive of the most interesting episodes of the podcasts I've listened to. Send me an email if you'd like me to burn you a CD of them. (If you leave a comment I likely won't notice for a good while.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home