Very occasional thoughts concentrating on the useful.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Tired of credit card offers?

According to the June 2005 issue of Money Magazine ("The key to Fighting ID Theft: Think Low-Tech", pp. 48A-48B), you can get off the mailing lists for credit card offers by calling 888-5-OPTOUT. (Of course, if you're one of those people who still doesn't have a no-fee, cash-rebate credit card then this might be a bad idea.)

I would include a link, but Money isn't online. Furthermore, in the process of Googling another article I have managed to get an unwanted JAVA program running on my computer. I don't know much about JAVA or spyware, but I hope the mystery program isn't waiting for me to access the Optout webpage!

Incidentally, I'm getting 1% cash-back with no fee and no hassles. I'd be interested to know if anyone has a better card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home